It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Contribution Summary.

Mike Denney (462) | asked Apr 28 '10, 3:23 p.m.
Is there a way to customize the contents of the 'Contribution Summary' in the Build output?

13 answers

permanent link
wang fan (212) | answered Apr 29 '10, 5:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way to customize the contents of the 'Contribution Summary' in the Build output?

You can try to extend buildContributionProviders extension point defined in com.ibm.team.build.ui plug-in to add more info into contribution summary.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Apr 29 '10, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Frank mentions, you can add new contribution summary items in that way.
Can you provide more details about what you'd like to see here?

permanent link
Mike Denney (462) | answered May 07 '10, 3:42 p.m.
I was looking how to publish Junit tests, compile output, and file links. I did find out how to do all those things. However, I don't think the compile output is working right. I always get 0 errors and 0 warnings in the Contribution Summary, and the Compilation tab lists all the compiled output with 0 errors and warnings, but two problems:
1. I cannot view the compiled output from my RTC client.
2. If I browse the compiled output on the build server, there are 98 warnings in one of the listings.

So why isn't there an option to view the compiled output? And why don't the errors and warnings get counted?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 07 '10, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you compiling Java or some other language? Are you using the Eclipse Compiler for Java, or javac? Can you give a sample of the file you're passing to jdtCompileLogPublisher?

permanent link
Mike Denney (462) | answered May 10 '10, 10:42 a.m.
Are you compiling Java or some other language? Are you using the Eclipse Compiler for Java, or javac? Can you give a sample of the file you're passing to jdtCompileLogPublisher?

This is Java and I'm using javac. I had not used jdtCompileLogPublisher, but instead simply specified the directory where the logs reside in the Build Definition ECJ Publishing tab.

I added jdtCompileLogPublisher to out ant script, and now I see double entries in the Build Results, but still can't view the logs, nor do warnings show up in the summary.

Here's a snippet of the warnings from one of the logs:
C:\tmp\builds\com.ibm.itme.console\src\com\ibm\itme\console\task\ITMEAddGroupsToUserTask.java:11: warning: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException in javax.faces.el has been deprecated
import javax.faces.el.EvaluationException;
^
C:\tmp\builds\com.ibm.itme.console\src\com\ibm\itme\console\task\ITMEAddGroupsToUserTask.java:12: warning: javax.faces.el.MethodBinding in javax.faces.el has been deprecated
import javax.faces.el.MethodBinding;
^
C:\tmp\builds\com.ibm.itme.console\src\com\ibm\itme\console\task\ITMEAddGroupsToUserTask.java:13: warning: javax.faces.el.MethodNotFoundException in javax.faces.el has been deprecated
import javax.faces.el.MethodNotFoundException;

permanent link
Mike Denney (462) | answered May 10 '10, 10:49 a.m.

By the way, for each taskdef I issue, I get a warning that a referenced class cannot be found (but no errors in the build). For example,

taskdef A class needed by class com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.JdtCompileLogPublisherTask cannot be
found: com.ibm.team.build.common.BuildItemFactory

How do I resolve these?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 10 '10, 3:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Both the ECJ Publishing configuration in the build definition and the jdtCompileLogPublisher Ant task are intended to work with output from the Eclipse Compiler for Java, not the regular javac. For an example of how to set it up, see the one included in the build toolkit at: .../jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit/examples/compile-and-test/build.xml. The build file has comments explaining the setup.

Regarding the class not found errors, these classes are normally added to the Ant classpath automatically when the Ant page of the build definition has 'Include the Jazz build toolkit tasks on the Ant library path' checked. Is that the case for you, or are you specifying -lib arguments manually?

It may also be some issues specific to the JDK you're using. Please try running JBE with the JDK included with RTC. For more details, see
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#WhichJDK

permanent link
Mike Denney (462) | answered May 11 '10, 10:09 a.m.
The build server works fine. It's my RTC client that is having the problems with classes not found. I've manually added the jars to the Ant runtime classpath so the publishing tasks can be found. But it sure seems like that shouldn't be needed. And I'm very reluctant to manually add the other needed jars to the classpath....could be quite a few.

Is my Ant runtime classpath in error somehow?

Ant home has entries for all the jars in c:\IBM\SDP70Shared\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.70.v200803061910\lib.

Global Entries points to c:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\lib\tools.jar.

Contributed Entries points to C:\IBM\SDP70Shared\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.4.1.R34x_v20081217\lib\pdebulid-ant.jar as well as entries for jars from C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcert\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles

permanent link
Mike Denney (462) | answered May 11 '10, 10:11 a.m.
Correction...the build server 'works fine' as far as finding the publishing classes and related classes....

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 11 '10, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You're correct: manually changing the Ant classpath should not be needed. The Ant Runtime preference page's Contributed Entries should include one for .../ant_tasks/build-ant.jar, and this should also include its prereqs from the com.ibm.team.build.toolkit plugin and its dependencies.

However, in my current setup it's not working as advertised either. It's not even finding the main class for the task. I was able to work around it by adding all the jars from the buildsystem/buildtoolkit directory (not from the RTC client) to the Global Entries section.

I've filed 114496: Build Ant tasks or required classes are not being found when script run from Eclipse.

> Correction...the build server 'works fine' as far as finding the publishing classes and related classes....

Are you encountering other problems with JBE?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.