It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting Requirements that are embedded in Document

David Moss (171156) | asked Apr 28 '10, 11:31 a.m.
Scenario: I'm using the Document artifact type, adding in content which will be distilled into requirements. When appropriate, chunks of text are highlighted, and we do a "Mark As Requirement". We are also using "Embed Requirement" so that if someone wants to see all of the requirements that came out of a document, they can--and the current state of the requirement will be shown. (If you just do the hyperlink, that text stays static even when you update the requirement).

If the situation arises where I actually delete the requirement (from the RRC artifacts, not from within the document), when I go back into the document it shows a red box with the following text inside: "CRRRC2903E The following embedded artifact could not be found: "rrc797"".

The rrc# changes, of course, based on the requirement's internal ID in RRC.

The error is unsightly and raises the questions:
--How can you get rid of it (I can't seem to delete that from the document"
--Is there a "clean" way to delete the requirement in the first place?
--Can you "undo" something that is marked as a requirement in a document? This seems to be a one-way change...once done, you're stuck. If you happen to select a wrong character or two...your document can start to look pretty horrible. There's no way to clean it up.

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 28 '10, 8:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should be able to select the embedded requirement in the document and press the "del"ete key. This will remove the embedded error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.