Generating Email Invitations to Join Projects
Hi. I am on a centralized ALM tool support team which implemented and supports RTC, therefore I belong to JazzAdmins. I just created a new project. I added two members to the project and to the default team and granted them "Team Leader" role/permissions at both levels. This role has full permissions at project and team levels.
When it came time to generate the standard email invitations, it failed with "No permission to perform this action".
In order to send the email invitations, I needed to first add myself to the project with "Team Lead" role/permissions which includes the required "Generate a team invitation" permission.
It seems somewhat bogus that we, as JazzAdmins, cannot generate email invitations without first adding ourselves to the project and granting ourselves the required role which contains the required permission, in our case, Team Lead.
Is this perhaps a defect? If not, then we would seriously consider submitting an enhancement request.
Thanks,
-Tim
When it came time to generate the standard email invitations, it failed with "No permission to perform this action".
In order to send the email invitations, I needed to first add myself to the project with "Team Lead" role/permissions which includes the required "Generate a team invitation" permission.
It seems somewhat bogus that we, as JazzAdmins, cannot generate email invitations without first adding ourselves to the project and granting ourselves the required role which contains the required permission, in our case, Team Lead.
Is this perhaps a defect? If not, then we would seriously consider submitting an enhancement request.
Thanks,
-Tim
4 answers
Hi Tim,
I agree that since the main thing an admin has rights to do is to
add/remove users to the project, you would want admins to have the right
to send this email. I'd probably classify it as an enhancement request.
Cheers,
Geoff
timothy.mulligan wrote:
I agree that since the main thing an admin has rights to do is to
add/remove users to the project, you would want admins to have the right
to send this email. I'd probably classify it as an enhancement request.
Cheers,
Geoff
timothy.mulligan wrote:
Hi. I am on a centralized ALM tool support team which implemented and
supports RTC, therefore I belong to JazzAdmins. I just created a new
project. I added two members to the project and to the default team
and granted them "Team Leader" role/permissions at both
levels. This role has full permissions at project and team levels.
When it came time to generate the standard email invitations, it
failed with "No permission to perform this action".
In order to send the email invitations, I needed to first add myself
to the project with "Team Lead" role/permissions which
includes the required "Generate a team invitation"
permission.
It seems somewhat bogus that we, as JazzAdmins, cannot generate email
invitations without first adding ourselves to the project and
granting ourselves the required role which contains the required
permission, in our case, Team Lead.
Is this perhaps a defect? If not, then we would seriously consider
submitting an enhancement request.
Thanks,
-Tim
Hi Goeff,
I went ahead and submitted an Enhancement Request. Please take a quick pass and update as you deem appropriate, especially the title:
http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=111220
Thanks again for your continued support and guidance!
-Tim
I went ahead and submitted an Enhancement Request. Please take a quick pass and update as you deem appropriate, especially the title:
http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=111220
Thanks again for your continued support and guidance!
-Tim