It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to return a custom object from Jazz server to the client

Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | asked Mar 29 '10, 3:11 a.m.
Hi,

As a part of my project, I am a trying to build an object "WINode" in the server side which holds data about WI id, Summary and a hashtable<linktype, arraylist<IWINode>>.
This object is serializable and the client side has an interface for this object.

But when I m trying to return this object from the server to the client, I am getting the following exception,

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceMethodInvocationError: java.lang.ClassCastException: rocketgang.workitem.visualization.model.WINode incompatible with org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:611)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:492)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:197)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)

at $Proxy41.workitemVisualize(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)

at $Proxy41.workitemVisualize(Unknown Source)

at rocketgang.workitem.visualization.client.internal.WIVisualizationClientLibrary.workitemVisualize(WIVisualizationClientLibrary.java:33)

at rocketgang.workitem.visualization.client.ui.WorkItemVisualization.run(WorkItemVisualization.java:60)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

I tried to search in the jazz forums as how to get an object from the server but couldn't find any. What should I change in the WINode to make it compatible with Ecore objects?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
T.R.Santhosh

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.