It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customization of dashborads

Peter Staubrandt (866) | asked Mar 25 '10, 9:44 a.m.
I looking for in depth documentation for the customization and configuration of dashboards in a process template in RTC (Project Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Dashboards -> Dashboard Templates). Especially I'm looking for guidelines for defining mementos and properties for the different viewlets.

Anyone knows where to find that?

/Peter

9 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Mar 25 '10, 2:17 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Peter,

Have a look at this one:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.dashboard.doc/topics/t_config_dashboard_templates.html

Thanks,
Curt

permanent link
Peter Staubrandt (866) | answered Mar 26 '10, 3:09 a.m.
Hi Curtis

Thanks for the tip. I allready know this document in the help database though. And unfortuneately it is not complete regarding mememtos and properties for all different types of viewlets, you can add to a dashboard (e.g. reports).

I'm looking for some in depth documentation for the customization and configuration of dashboards in a process template, explaining why you e.g. need to add a memento containing a property containing a mememto with three properties to make a headline. I think this is not self explanatory.

Thanks, Peter

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Mar 26 '10, 12:58 p.m.
Hi Peter,

You're right, it's not documented completely. We were a bit reluctant to fully document this as it exposes some of the internal workings of the viewlets that we didn't want to treat as API, but we also recognize it's a necessary feature. Long term, we intend to remove the current template editor altogether in favor of wysiwig, where you create the dashboard in the Web UI and save it as a template, so that you don't need to worry about any of the internal details.

But for now, since there is no documentation, if you could let us know which viewlet(s) you're interested in, we can write up a wiki topic for you with the details.

Thanks,
Curt

permanent link
Steve Haskey (11) | answered Jan 20 '11, 10:38 a.m.
Hi Curtis,

I'm also trying to create some Dashboard Templates and struggling with the property names and momentos to use.

I'm currently struggling with a few widgets. Ones for 'Builds', 'JUnit Test Failures' and 'Team Velocity'.

For example, for the Builds widget in the Process Configuration Source I have...

<viewlet>

<preference>
<memento>
<property>
<memento>
<property>ProjectAreaName</property>
<property>'{Current Project Area}'</property>
</memento>
<memento>
<property>TeamAreaName</property>
<property>'{My Team Areas}'</property>
</memento>
</property>
</memento>
</viewlet>

I've tried many permutations but I can't find the correct properties to use. I'm currently using RTC V2 moving to V3 shortly.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Jan 20 '11, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

This is a common problem experienced by users.
For all of the trend report viewlets, here are instructions on how to the prime them for dashboards using the process template:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/HowToPrimeDashboardTrendReportsRTC20

I'll need to follow up on this thread regarding how to prime the Builds viewlet.

Let me know if you run into difficulties with the trend report viewlets

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jan 20 '11, 3:47 p.m.
Hi Steve,

Regarding priming the Builds Viewlet from the process template, that viewlet doesn't use a memento for anything, so the only things you will be able to configure are what you see under its settings.

Is there something specific you are trying to achieve with it that you are having problems with?

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
Steve Haskey (11) | answered Jan 20 '11, 4:03 p.m.
Hi Adam,

The Builds viewlet in the Web UI has a 'Project/Team' field which doesn't appear in the Preferences section of the Dashboad Templates editor in the Eclipse client. For that reason I assumed that the 'Project/Team' name would need to be entered using a momento.

So if my project was called "XYZ" what would the Process Configuration Source for the template look like?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jan 20 '11, 4:17 p.m.
Hi Steve,

The setting you are talking about is the "scope" of the viewlet. Currently it is not possible to configure the scope of a viewlet in the process templates. Viewlets will always get the scope of their containing dashboard, where it is relevant. If the dashboard's scope does not apply to the viewlet, it will be unscoped by default and the user will be required to select one.

We realize this is not a great limitation and have the following work item open to address it.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/137792

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | answered May 09 '11, 2:57 p.m.
What is the ETA for "save as template" from the web UI? The current method for creating templates is grossly inadequate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.