It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking for Guidance on Migrating RTC data to another server

Thomas Loeber (62237950) | asked Mar 25 '10, 9:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm looking or some guidance, best practices, etc... on the best way to migrate RQM data from one server to another new server. Basically, there is an internal customer who wants to move his RQM hosting to different hardware in a different geopraphy. They've never done this before and are looking for some guidance.

One answer

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered Mar 29 '10, 3:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm looking or some guidance, best practices, etc... on the best way to migrate RQM data from one server to another new server. Basically, there is an internal customer who wants to move his RQM hosting to different hardware in a different geopraphy. They've never done this before and are looking for some guidance.

Hi,
If you are upgrading the versions of RQM, then simplest would be to export the data and re-import it back.
If not, you could take a DB backup and restore it in the new server. If you do so you need to make sure that the configuration of the new project is the same as the older one else you might end up in a problem.
Another option could be to use the Copy Utlity, but I would recommend reading https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility before moving in that direction.
Hope this helps.
Vaibhav

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.