It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

view cumulative effect of all incoming changes

Edoardo Comar (1652) | asked Mar 17 '10, 10:43 a.m.
In an agile enviornment where we commit often small chages,
the SVN/CVS synchronzie view will show
the resultant overall incoming changes resulting form potentially many small commits.

Using RTC/Jazz the Pending Changes view will show the changes as a tree where the single commits and their workitems are parent nodes for the changed files.

Is it at all possible to get an option to see all pending incoming changes on a file-by-file base, like the SVN/CVS synchronization view ?

TIA,
Edoardo

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 19 '10, 6:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In an agile enviornment where we commit often small chages,
the SVN/CVS synchronzie view will show
the resultant overall incoming changes resulting form potentially many small commits.

Using RTC/Jazz the Pending Changes view will show the changes as a tree where the single commits and their workitems are parent nodes for the changed files.

Is it at all possible to get an option to see all pending incoming changes on a file-by-file base, like the SVN/CVS synchronization view ?

TIA,
Edoardo

I thought of a great way to do this (there is a "but..." later) - use the Team->Annotate function when you open the file on the repository. This would show you the file on the repository, and the annotate function colours the changes on the side of the editor along with info on the work items, etc.

But....I can't invoke the Team->Annotate in the editor/viewer when I open the file. This might just be my mistake - but in case it can't be done - I have raised an enhancement

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=109477

Have you tried the Team->Annotate function (right button on one of your files opened in the Java editor)? If so - and if this would be helpful if you could do this on your repository/incoming files, please check the work item to see if I have captured this correctly

regards

anthony

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 19 '10, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can select the incoming changes and right-click to open them in the Change Explorer. This might be something that would show the files changed. You can open them in a compare editor from here to see the end result on that file after all the changes.

It's a little less cluttered with change set comments and work item id's so it may help you focus on viewing the incoming changes.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 19 '10, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note: I've submitted work item 109494 asking to make this functionality
more obvious and easier to invoke.

Cheers,
Geoff

tmok wrote:
You can select the incoming changes and right-click to open them in
the Change Explorer. This might be something that would show the
files changed. You can open them in a compare editor from here to see
the end result on that file after all the changes.

It's a little less cluttered with change set comments and work item
id's so it may help you focus on viewing the incoming changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.