It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to clean up the repository?

Tomas Bures (111) | asked Mar 15 '10, 11:21 a.m.
I wonder whether there is a way (even a complicated one) how to "clean-up" the repository. I mean, how to remove unused project areas, components and users.

Or maybe the other way around. Is there a way how to export only a few projects and users from the repository?

I was thinking for using RTC for student's projects. But since there will be a lot of users and the projects would be relatively small (some of them can even die before actually starting), there will be a lot of garbage generated.

Thank you. Best regards,
Tomas

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 15 '10, 6:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wonder whether there is a way (even a complicated one) how to "clean-up" the repository. I mean, how to remove unused project areas, components and users.

Or maybe the other way around. Is there a way how to export only a few projects and users from the repository?

I was thinking for using RTC for student's projects. But since there will be a lot of users and the projects would be relatively small (some of them can even die before actually starting), there will be a lot of garbage generated.

Thank you. Best regards,
Tomas

There is no simple way to do this right now. There is work in 3.0 looking at project moves, etc that will help.

In the meantime, you can "archive" content which effectively removes it from view (but it is still there in the underlying repository in case there are references to people/projects/etc elsewhere).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.