It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to load files using scm

Jan Šťastný (1212147) | asked Mar 12 '10, 5:21 a.m.
I'm trying to use SCM command line interface, but I'm not able to load files from the repository. This is the way I do it (following this tutorial: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCMCommandLineTutorial

1. create repository workspace:

[honza@tucnak text-scm]$ /opt/jazz/scmtools/eclipse/scm.sh create workspace "honza cli-scm workspace" -r rtc.fi.muni.cz --stream "Thesis Jan Stastny Stream"
Workspace (1006) "honza cli-scm workspace" successfully created

2. load the files:

[honza@tucnak text-scm]$ /opt/jazz/scmtools/eclipse/scm.sh load -r rtc.fi.muni.cz 1006
Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (/home/honza). To load into a descendent specify the path with target.

I also tried to follow this tutorial: http://jazz.net/library/article/192/#CLI but I got the same error: "Must load in sandbox root (/home/honza). To load into a descendent specify the path with target."
I also tried to use various combinations of --dir and --target, but it made no difference.

The repository stream already includes some files, which have been added using the web UI.

I use RTC 2.0.0.2.

Any help will be appreciated, because I didn't find any mentions about this error message anywhere.

6 answers

permanent link
Jan Šťastný (1212147) | answered Mar 12 '10, 5:53 a.m.
I guess I know where the source of the problem is. The folder "/home/honza" is somehow marked as "sandbox" (I can see it in Jazz Source Control sandboxes in Eclipse client).
I guess I created it in the past when I was tempering with RTC SCM in Eclipse. I would like to delete it now, but it says that it cannot deregister it, because there are Eclipse projects in it... Is there a way to locate those projects?

Could anybody provide some resources on what these "sandboxes" are good for and how they work?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Jan Šťastný (1212147) | answered Mar 12 '10, 6:39 a.m.
I managed to go one step further. I located the project that used /home/honza as sandbox. I removed it from eclipse making it possible to delete the sandbox. The window with Sandboxes in Eclipse Window->Preferences is now empty.

However, I'm still getting the same error when trying to load the sources.

permanent link
Andrew Hoo (1.0k1) | answered Mar 12 '10, 1:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a /home/honza/.jazz5 directory? If so, try deleting it.

Andrew

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:53:03 -0500, honza.stastny
<honza> wrote:

I managed to go one step further. I located the project that used
/home/honza as sandbox. I removed it from eclipse making it possible
to delete the sandbox. The window with Sandboxes in Eclipse
Window->Preferences is now empty.

However, I'm still getting the same error when trying to load the
sources.

permanent link
Sunita Dinakar (11413842) | answered Aug 19 '10, 2:05 p.m.
Hi Andrew,

We had a similar issue in our development and as suggested by you, deleting the .jazz directory worked.

Thank you!!

Sunita

Is there a /home/honza/.jazz5 directory? If so, try deleting it.

Andrew

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:53:03 -0500, honza.stastny
<honza> wrote:

I managed to go one step further. I located the project that used
/home/honza as sandbox. I removed it from eclipse making it possible
to delete the sandbox. The window with Sandboxes in Eclipse
Window->Preferences is now empty.

However, I'm still getting the same error when trying to load the
sources.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Sep 05 '10, 4:47 a.m.
Hi All,
I would be very thankful for your guidance over some of my doubts.
Recently I had an issue with the importing of work items in RTC v2.0.0.2.
I am using RTC Eclipse Client v2.0.0.2 on Windows OS. In order to export and import the work items from one Project area to another, I created a new Project area as that of original one with the Project customization . Also I have created the Team area and Iterations in line, created a WI Query to export with respect to the Team Area.
Also while importing, have selected all the details required(eg. due date, time spent, estimate, comments, description, etc.).
In the replica PA only few WIs are getting imported (1170 out of 1290).
Also I tried to create Customized reports using the work items. Every report shows the timestamp as the date when i imported but not the work item creation date.
Can you please guide me where am i doing wrong .
I would be happy to provide more details if needed.

permanent link
preetam kulkarni (139298) | answered Sep 05 '10, 4:57 a.m.
Hi All,
I wanted to know regarding the source control management . Whenever we checkin the change sets how the change sets are stored with respect to the data base. As the checked in file will be stored in the Repository work space, where exactly this change set will be stored , in Jazz Team server or Database. can you please help me over this.When the change set is delivered how it flows in the database.
Also when the code is edited , whether the delta part will be added to the file or the whole file will be added.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.