It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard: Passing "current team" as a parameter t

Keith Mantell (4612317) | asked Mar 03 '10, 3:46 p.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to pass "current team" as a parameter to queries or reports in a Team Dashboard? This would assist in building a reusable Team Dashboard.

Similar to "current iteration"

Thanks,
Keith

4 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Mar 09 '10, 12:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This question covers two different areas, work item queries and reports. I will speak to work item queries. This would require work items to support creating queries that take input parameters (e.g. a blank field where it expects you to supply a team area when you run it). If this were possible, we would provide support to allow you to configure your work item viewlets to supply the dashboard scope as the query argument.

There are a couple work items open on this topic, one for work items to implement the feature and one for dashboards to consume it to provide support in the viewlet.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/33085
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/83805

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Mar 09 '10, 5:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Keith,

Unfortunately, there is no way to specify the current team as a parameter to a report query used by the trend report viewlets. The closest match is "My Team Areas".
This can be selected by doing the following:
(1) Editing the trend report viewlet settings
(2) Selecting a Project Area
(3) Clicking on the "Edit" button next to the "Query" field
=> Opens the Reports Parameter Dialog
(4) Selecting the "My Team Areas" checkbox in the "Team Area" parameter box

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Apr 06 '10, 5:14 p.m.
I have been looking for this feature since RTC 1.x :)
Can someone clarify what is the purpose of the ${scope} at the team level dashboard?
Thanks in advance.
Claudia Callegari

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Apr 07 '10, 12:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Presumably you are asking what ${scope} means when used in a template for a team dashboard. Using that variable will insert the name of the team for which the dashboard is create at runtime. For instance, if I define the default name of the dashboard as '${scope} Dashboard' in the process template and then create a dashboard for the 'Work Items' team, the dashboard will be named 'Work Items Dashboard'.

Similarly when ${scope} is used on personal or project dashboards, it represents the name of the user or project in question.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.