It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Burndown and BurnUp problem

Andrea Ianni (1611916) | asked Mar 02 '10, 9:22 a.m.
Hi all,
my team have closed, at final day of the sprint, all work item but in burndown report the "Reaminig Work" line don't goes to zero.
Furthermore, in the Burnup report the Complited Work line does not intersects the Planned Work line.

The difference between Completed and Planned line is exactly the sum of corrections of all work items closed the last day of sprint.

We use RTC 2.0.0.2 and all work items are closed before that data snapshot run.

Why we have this situations?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrea

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 02 '10, 11:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The first point of the Burdown and Burnup reports will always coincide with the the first day of the iteration. The last point of the Burdown and Burnup reports will always coincide with the the last day of the iteration (or before, if the iteration has not ended)

So if you close your work items after the last day of the iteration, the chart won't show that information.

Please check the end date of your sprint.

permanent link
Andrea Ianni (1611916) | answered Mar 02 '10, 12:04 p.m.
The first point of the Burdown and Burnup reports will always coincide with the the first day of the iteration. The last point of the Burdown and Burnup reports will always coincide with the the last day of the iteration (or before, if the iteration has not ended)

So if you close your work items after the last day of the iteration, the chart won't show that information.

Please check the end date of your sprint.

Maybe I have not explained well: all the work items have been closed on the last day of the sprint.
More specifically, all work items were closed Friday 26th February before 6 PM.
My sprint is started on 1st February and is finished at 26th February.
The snapshot of dataware house runs at 11 PM.

I think / hope that the starting date and ending day of sprint are included.

Thanks
Andrea

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 02 '10, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Andrea, I am not sure. My suggestion is to check the next day and see if the data gets picked up. Also is you server in the same timezone as your client?
Without access to your data it is hard to give an answer as many factors could contribute to this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.