It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports & Manage Sections in Test Plan / Test case

jaya krishna (11612112) | asked Mar 01 '10, 4:43 a.m.
Hi All,

Could you please answer my below queries, Thanks in Advance.

1) Under the test plan / testcase, I have clicked on Manage sections and created a section called Use cases & User story etc.

Question) I would like to have options which i see in Requirements or Testcases section eg: Add Requirement icons and links (here Add Usecase), Import Requirement icons and links (here import Usecases) and other options. Currently i am only able to select the Grid or Rich Text Editor. It would be great if user gets these kind of options for customized sections.

Question 2) How do i remove Usecases or User story section permenantly from the available list (ie: Under Manage Sections), I mean if i dont want to see this at all then how do i deleted these sections. I dont want this sections to be in Available or selected list.

Question 3) How do i generate reports for the sections which are created by me , i mean i am interested in report which would show me a Test Plan - Requirement - Usecase - Testcases - User Story mapping. Now that i have added Use case, User story sections in a Test plan using manage sections how do i list this in the Parameters sections while generating report.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Jay.

One answer

permanent link
a seyler (6652) | answered Mar 16 '10, 7:02 a.m.
I add my voice to Jayakrishnas third question. We tried to generate reports containing information about the custom sections of the test plans and test cases. We have opened a PMR and we got the confirmation, that this feature is not available from the RQM Custom Reporting, but it should be accesible from Rational Publishing Engine, which we have also tested without success. Does anyone know how to access the information contained in a custom section of a test plan or test case from RPE?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.