It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Vilewlets on Dashbaord doesn't work with Express

Hideaki Hata (643) | asked Feb 26 '10, 12:29 a.m.
I'm using RTC v2002 Express edition.
I try to display REPORT type viewlets such as Team Velocity on dashboard, but I couldn't do it except BURNDOWN chart.

I know Express edition doesn't allow us to see REPORTs. So I doubt we could not see REPORT type viewlets on Dashboard, neither.
(Anyway I cannot find the way to get snapshot of repository to see reports with Express edition.)

Do anyone know the truth, whether we can see Report type viewlets on dashboard with Express edition.

Hata.

9 answers

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 26 '10, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hideaki,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to view Reports and Trend Report related viewlets in the Express edition due to license restrictions.

You can find that type of information in this help document:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.doc/topics/c_rtc-editions.html?resultof=%22%52%61%74%69%6f%6e%61%6c%22%20%22%72%61%74%69%6f%6e%22%20%22%54%65%61%6d%22%20%22%74%65%61%6d%22%20%22%43%6f%6e%63%65%72%74%22%20%22%63%6f%6e%63%65%72%74%22%20%22%32%2e%30%2e%30%2e%32%22%20%22%65%64%69%74%69%6f%6e%73%22%20%22%65%64%69%74%22%20%22%6c%69%63%65%6e%73%65%73%22%20%22%6c%69%63%65%6e%73%22%20

This information can also be found on your local help system within the Jazz Client IDE: Help > Help Contents. Search for "Rational Team Concert 2.0.0.2 editions and licenses"

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Hideaki Hata (643) | answered Feb 26 '10, 9:11 p.m.
Mike

Thank you for your information. it helps a lot.

However I found RTC Deployment guide describe "dashboard micro reports are supported in all editions".
http://jazz.net/library/article/398#Adopting_Reports_
so I'm confusing.

Seeing the behavior of RTC, I think you are correct that we cannot see working report viewlets on Dashboard with Express edition.

Hata

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Mar 01 '10, 11:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hideaki,

The Help system has the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding editions and licensing. Unfortunately, that deployment guide article on jazz.net is not correct and we will have to update that information accordingly.

Thanks for pointing out that inconsistency,

Mike

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Mar 15 '10, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hideaki,

It looks like I was totally wrong.
All trend report viewlets are available in RTC Express & Express-C editions.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix1
(See Reports row)

Sorry for the confusion.

When you try to display the Team Velocity report within Dashboards, what problem do you see? (e.g. message, error or empty results, etc.)

Mike

permanent link
Kor Meelker (38236) | answered Jul 06 '10, 5:41 a.m.
When you try to display the Team Velocity report within Dashboards, what problem do you see? (e.g. message, error or empty results, etc.)

Mike,
I have a simular problem with the Team Velocity and Burndown viewlets on the dashboard. We are using also the RTC Express version, so only reports are available on the dashboard.
Because of restrictions here on the network, I have send you the snapshots via email.

Kor Meelker
Koopman International

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Jul 12 '10, 2:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kor,

Thank-you for sending the screen shots.
It appears that the BIRT report templates deployed to your server have problems (or there are possibly data warehouse schema issues). These templates are used by the report viewlets to render results. I will follow-up with the Reports team via email to determine how to correct these issues. Once this issue is resolved, I will post the diagnosis and resolution back to the forum.

Thanks,

Mike

permanent link
Steffen Balzer (11) | answered Sep 24 '10, 9:37 a.m.
Hi Kor,

It appears that the BIRT report templates deployed to your server have problems (or there are possibly data warehouse schema issues). These templates are used by the report viewlets to render results. I will follow-up with the Reports team via email to determine how to correct these issues. Once this issue is resolved, I will post the diagnosis and resolution back to the forum.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello everybody,

I installed RTC Express-C 2.0.0.2iFix3 last week and I am facing a similar problem. The dashboard trend viewlets tell me that they can't find any results. The data warehouse should be loaded because the server has been running for days now. Could anybody find a solution to this problem?

In case not, maybe this information helps a bit: If I reparameterize the viewlet, its preview gives me the following error messages:

The following items have errors:

Chart NewChart2:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Chart NewChart21:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Best regards,
Steffen

permanent link
Steffen Balzer (11) | answered Sep 24 '10, 9:37 a.m.
Hi Kor,

Thanks,

Mike

Hello everybody,

I installed RTC Express-C 2.0.0.2iFix3 last week and I am facing a similar problem. The dashboard trend viewlets tell me that they can't find any results. The data warehouse should be loaded because the server has been running for days now. Could anybody find a solution to this problem?

In case not, maybe this information helps a bit: If I reparameterize the viewlet, its preview gives me the following error messages:

Chart NewChart2:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Chart NewChart21:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Best regards,
Steffen

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Oct 08 '10, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 9/24/2010 9:38 AM, sbalzer wrote:
mpawlowwrote:
Hi Kor,

It appears that the BIRT report templates deployed to your server
have problems (or there are possibly data warehouse schema issues).
These templates are used by the report viewlets to render results. I
will follow-up with the Reports team via email to determine how to
correct these issues. Once this issue is resolved, I will post the
diagnosis and resolution back to the forum.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello everybody,

I installed RTC Express-C 2.0.0.2iFix3 last week and I am facing a
similar problem. The dashboard trend viewlets tell me that they can't
find any results. The data warehouse should be loaded because the
server has been running for days now. Could anybody find a solution
to this problem?

In case not, maybe this information helps a bit: If I reparameterize
the viewlet, its preview gives me the following error messages:

Chart NewChart2:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Chart NewChart21:
+ CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL

Best regards,
Steffen

Can you press the "+" sign to expand the error message and paste it
here? Thanks.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.