It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem fetching user roles: CRJAZ0744I

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Feb 24 '10, 5:13 a.m.
We're running RTC 2.0.0.2 and would like to switch from Tomcat to WAS 6.1.
It appears to be configured correctly, but we get following when adding a user manually:

"Problem fetching user roles: CRJAZ0744I Error retrieving group for user. Unable to connect to the LDAP directory server. Verify that the server application is configured properly and that the LDAP server is reachable."

The teamserver.properties file points to LDAP: com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP

My friend google does not have a clue here, so I hope someone in here does.
Thanks in advance.

/KM

3 answers

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Feb 28 '10, 9:26 p.m.
We're running RTC 2.0.0.2 and would like to switch from Tomcat to WAS 6.1.
It appears to be configured correctly, but we get following when adding a user manually:

"Problem fetching user roles: CRJAZ0744I Error retrieving group for user. Unable to connect to the LDAP directory server. Verify that the server application is configured properly and that the LDAP server is reachable."

The teamserver.properties file points to LDAP: com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP

My friend google does not have a clue here, so I hope someone in here does.
Thanks in advance.

/KM

From the error message,It seems that the LDAP wasn't configured correctly.
Hope the following techtip helps:
http://jazz.net/library/techtip/96

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Jan 16 '12, 3:30 p.m.
I am getting the same error in my test environment (not in production, with same settings, unless somebody changed something I don't know).

The weird thing is:
1. From WAS, Global security > Standalone LDAP registry > Config, Test connection to LDAP is successful.
2. User still can login to RTC.

Problem fetching user roles: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ0742I Unable to connect to the LDAP directory server. Verify that the server application is configured properly and that the LDAP server is reachable.ID CRJAZ1527E

Seems from user to retrieve the group part is wrong?

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Mike Rago (2578) | answered Jun 17 '14, 5:16 p.m.
Is there any more information on this issue?

We are on version 4.0.1.  I am able to log into JTS admin and search for active users.  However, when select a user to look at the details for their ID I get the message:

Problem fetching user roles: CRJAZ0742I Unable to connect to the LDAP directory server. Verify that the server application is configured properly and that the LDAP server is reachable.ID CRJAZ1527E

The user's information appears correct except that the group(s) they belong to (under Repository Permissions) are not displayed.

However, when I select my own name, I do not get the message and all information is displayed.

This installation has been running since the first of the year.  This issue just came up today.  We discovered it when new users attempted to access the tool for the first time.  It seems that those who have logged into the tool prior to today can still get in while new users cannot.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 17 '14, 6:57 p.m. | edited Jun 17 '14, 6:57 p.m.

did the ldap server credentials change?

configured in jts/admin/ advanced properties

Mike Rago commented Jun 18 '14, 6:06 p.m.

Yes, the password was changed

Mike Rago commented Jun 18 '14, 10:07 p.m.

Recycling WAS took care of this problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.