It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter

Simon Norrington (311109) | asked Feb 19 '10, 4:26 a.m.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Excel import tool without much luck. Is there a more comprehensive set on instructions anywhere - other than at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter?

Failing that, has anyone got an idiots guide to using the Excel import tool?

31 answers

permanent link
Joe Lawrance (21) | answered Feb 08 '11, 6:28 a.m.
Next update.

So on my work PC I've now installed MS 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies (O2003PIA.EXE) and re-started the machine.

To no avail - still no sight of any RQM references in either Excel or Word.

<grunt>

permanent link
Manik K (10133) | answered Mar 04 '11, 10:16 a.m.
Can anyone please describe how can you import value in the "Package Information" and "Source ID" fields in the Requirements using Excel import config file?

Thank you.

permanent link
Johnnie Greene (21) | answered Mar 09 '11, 7:52 a.m.
I have gone through the procedures numerous times that are listed on the WIKI page for installing the RQM Word/Excel Import utility with no luck. We are using Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007. Any ideas?

permanent link
manoj samuel (2611) | answered Mar 15 '11, 3:12 a.m.
I have gone through the procedures numerous times that are listed on the WIKI page for installing the RQM Word/Excel Import utility with no luck. We are using Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007. Any ideas?

Import of excel to RQM works fine with me. It took me quite some time to figure out the config file and mapping the spreadsheet to the config file. I can send the reference document, interms of -
how to export
definition of config files and few screenshots.
Let me know if it will help.

permanent link
Johnnie Greene (21) | answered Mar 15 '11, 7:00 a.m.

Import of excel to RQM works fine with me. It took me quite some time to figure out the config file and mapping the spreadsheet to the config file. I can send the reference document, interms of -
how to export

That would be appreciated. I think this might help; I just do not see the menu that is referred to on the WIKI page.

permanent link
Johnnie Greene (21) | answered Mar 24 '11, 7:52 a.m.

how to export

That would be appreciated. I think this might help; I just do not see the menu that is referred to on the WIKI page.

I still cannot get the menu option to appear. I have gone through what teh WIKI page says and the Microsoft article. When looking in the Excel Add-in Options it shows the Import add-in is active but that is it. Is there anyone who has any ideas how to fix this, otherwise RQM is worthless to me.

permanent link
Manik K (10133) | answered Mar 24 '11, 11:56 a.m.
First Prerequisites:
Microsoft .NET framework - v2.0 or later
Microsoft Excel 2003 or later
Microsoft Word 2003 or later

After you make sure the above requirements met, do the followings:

1. Complete un-installation of the addins: Going to the Control Panel->Add remove apps, find both add-ins and uninstall them.
2. I'd even re-start PC after that.
3. Make sure you are not running any MS Office related apps, including Outlook.
4. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kh3965hw%28VS.80%29.aspx, and download the Interop assembiles for your Office version (2003/2007 download links will be found on this site).
5. After you download, install your product - straight forward installation.
6. Install ExcelWord addins.
7. Launch Excel/Word and look for Add-Ins drop down

how to export

I still cannot get the menu option to appear. I have gone through what teh WIKI page says and the Microsoft article. When looking in the Excel Add-in Options it shows the Import add-in is active but that is it. Is there anyone who has any ideas how to fix this, otherwise RQM is worthless to me.

permanent link
Johnnie Greene (21) | answered Mar 24 '11, 12:24 p.m.
First Prerequisites:

1. Complete un-installation of the addins: Going to the Control Panel->Add remove apps, find both add-ins and uninstall them.
4. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kh3965hw%28VS.80%29.aspx, and download the Interop assembiles for your Office version (2003/2007 download links will be found on this site).

how to export

I meet all of these requirements and have done the steps listed here a total of 9 times with no success. Teh add-in shows active under teh Excel options but teh menu will not appear.

permanent link
Manik K (10133) | answered Mar 24 '11, 12:52 p.m.
First Prerequisites:

how to export

I meet all of these requirements and have done the steps listed here a total of 9 times with no success. Teh add-in shows active under teh Excel options but teh menu will not appear.

If that is the case, it may be something to do with the stupid office new menu. I installed and use the good old standard menu. But this is just a theory.

permanent link
Magnus Klöker (2622) | answered Apr 15 '11, 11:54 a.m.
I want to map a requirement to the test case. How i do it ?

testcase.XLSLink=requirement --> this is not working....THX

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.