It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stuck at "Loading..." screen

Sterling Bates (2311612) | asked Feb 12 '10, 1:01 p.m.
I recently installed Jazz+Tomcat on a machine that has to be locked down for IBM's business rules compliance. Installing them as root works fine, but then I changed ownership & group to a non-root user. I can log in just fine, but as soon as I do the server stops at the "Loading..." screen.

The database connection looks fine, and the logs are not showing any errors, either Catalina or Jazz. The /setup URL works fine, and I can pass that without issues. I'm not sure what to do next to troubleshoot the problem.

2 answers

permanent link
Sterling Bates (2311612) | answered Feb 12 '10, 6:30 p.m.
I'm unable to find any debugging helps from Google or this site. I tried setting ".level=ALL" in the JRE's logging.properties file, but that hasn't done anything at all.

What else can I do to troubleshoot or attempt to diagnose the problem?

permanent link
Sterling Bates (2311612) | answered Feb 12 '10, 8:28 p.m.
Well, I finally saw the log4j.properties file in server/conf/jazz, set this property:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, file

and the log file contained this:

-----------
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing content service. The content temporary directory '/tmp/versionedcontentservice' is read-only.
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.canWriteInDirectory(VersionedContentService.java:1055)
-----------

It would be very helpful if this exception was logged at the WARN level, because the error for a readonly /tmp/contentservice is logged.

Anyway, I hope this helps others who want to debug Jazz.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.