It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unit testing for a .NET app using Jazz Build Engine/RTC

Srinath TV (36105) | asked Jan 12 '10, 9:29 a.m.
Hello,

I have been building a .NET application in C# and so far, have implemented https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCM15MinutesDemo with email notification.
I was trying to get Unit test thing working, but noticed on internet and everywhere that Ant supports JUnit, hence stuck again :(
Is there a way to use ANT Tasks for UNIT Testing ??? Please help..

Somethings which I tried was, executing UnitTests.dll using MSTest.exe ( using
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe" /testcontainer:E:\build\Source\MyProject.UnitTests\bin\Release\MyProject.UnitTests.dll /resultsfile:E:\buildscript\results.xml ).It did not help me much, still trying .. (was I on right track, or need something else to do???) EVENTUALLY, I want a HTML test report.

I am also not able to build solution in Release mode, and Release folder is not getting created along with debug folder in the bin of project. Is ( "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" MyProject.sln /Rebuild Release ) , the way to build solution in release mode (when the command is used the batch file)?

I am not sure, how to get UNIT Test thing implemented for C# application here.. Please guide, EVENTUALLY, I want a HTML test report created.Is there a way to use ANT Tasks for the same? or something else? Please guide/suggest/help, if possible, with CODE SNIPPETS etc? Thank you..

Regards,
Geny
p.s. Sorry, for reposting it under this category too, was not sure. Sorry. Thanks for help, will greatly appreciate. Thanks..

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 13 '10, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi geny,

Questions about the usage of Jazz would be better posted in the Using Team Concert forum. This forum is more for how to extend RTC with new plugins/extensions.

You can use the mstestLogPublisher Ant task to publish the .TRX file from MSTest. See the How can I publish test results? entry in the Build FAQ.

See also http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5906

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.