It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 1.0.0.1 --> 2.0 Migration

Michael Mancini (1362410) | asked Jan 05 '10, 11:39 a.m.
Has anyone successfully completed the migration? Our implementation fails at some point each time, resulting in reinstallation of the RRC 2.0 server each time.

I have been using this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3499&uid=swg27017035 and working through these steps at the end of the configuration, but it is still failing.

Does 2.0 support a client upload of an archive taking from 1.0.0.1?

Or, Can I use the repotools from 2.0 version to pull an export of the 1.0.0.1 server and import the TAR file back into 2.0?

3 answers

permanent link
Erik Craig (16) | answered Jan 06 '10, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Has anyone successfully completed the migration? Our implementation fails at some point each time, resulting in reinstallation of the RRC 2.0 server each time.

I have been using this link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3499&uid=swg27017035 and working through these steps at the end of the configuration, but it is still failing.

Or, Can I use the repotools from 2.0 version to pull an export of the 1.0.0.1 server and import the TAR file back into 2.0?

Greetings,

Are you seeing an error message upon failure? Does it consistently fail at the same spot?
Which step from that document are you on when experiencing failure?
Any specific information you could give would help me to assist in troubleshooting this.

To answer your questions, yes you can upload an archive taken fron 1.0.0.1 to 2.0, but you can not use repotools to export and import a tar.

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Jan 25 '10, 2:16 p.m.

Greetings,

Are you seeing an error message upon failure? Does it consistently fail at the same spot?
Which step from that document are you on when experiencing failure?
Any specific information you could give would help me to assist in troubleshooting this.

To answer your questions, yes you can upload an archive taken fron 1.0.0.1 to 2.0, but you can not use repotools to export and import a tar.

There are no failure messages, it pauses towards the end of the migration and wont process anymore artifacts (ive let it go for about 3 hours and gave up). The message below is where it ends..

Creating projects and roles...
Created project xxxx
Projects and roles complete
Creating attribute groups....
Created attribute groups for project xxxx
Attribute groups complete
Creating folders...
Creating tags...
xxxxx-Remaining: 6

The number tends to be different each time I run the migration. As I said before, I followed directions in the link above.

When I look in the jazz.log I get a lot of these errors, they seem to be constant at the tail of the log:

2010-01-25 13:54:56,155 WARN com.ibm.team.jfs - CRJZS5325W request did not specify an Accept header

permanent link
Michael Mancini (1362410) | answered Jan 25 '10, 3:58 p.m.
Also, whenever I try to upload from an archive download if fails right in the beginning, after the glossaries/attributes are set up. Look below:

Uploaded Glossary
Uploaded Security
Uploaded User Interface
Uploaded Business Use Case
Uploaded System Use Case
Uploaded Feature
Uploaded Supplementary
Uploaded New Template CBH
Uploaded SearchTourDatesDesign
Uploaded Total Service
CRRRC2288E Error - Uploading Archive Filenull

Is there a special way of uploading an archive to support the migration from 1.0.0.1 to 2.0?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.