Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Running the DOORS Classic Client in a Docker Container in batch mode for DXL

Hi,


I am trying to get a headless DOORS Client to work inside a Docker Container. I have seen that there was a similar question asked here:


But it doesn't seem like there was ever a clear answer. I'd love to know if anyone has figured this out and if so, what does their Dockerfile/image look like? Is it a base Windows image issue? I am currently pulling from this image in my Dockerfile:

mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/framework/sdk:4.8-windowsservercore-ltsc2019

I have an exe that works locally on my PC that installs DOORS 9.7.2.8. It is in the PATH. I have exposed the ports for the data server and the license server. I am running a test dxl in batch mode that shouldn't bring up any GUIs. Java is a part of this version of DOORS, but I've also added it and it's in the PATH. When I run the doors.exe, even if I run tasklist immediately, I don't see the doors.exe even attempting to run. It is failing silently and instantly.

Does anyone have any thoughts or figured this out? 

Thank you,
Jarod Collier

0 votes


Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details
× 36
× 7
× 7

Question asked: Aug 22 '25, 1:54 p.m.

Question was seen: 1,337 times

Last updated: Aug 22 '25, 1:54 p.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm