It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Online user and license monitoring

Guozhang Pan (131) | asked Apr 27, 11:03 p.m.

Hi there,

I am newbie for IBM ELM. Just wondering is there any way to check the online users (currently connected) in IBM ELM 7.0.1? Also for the license usage, is there any tool can monitor for this?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.5k217) | answered Apr 28, 7:43 p.m.
If you are using concurrent user licensing you can see the list of users with checked out licenses on the JTS Server Administration page under the Issued Leases section. This area also allows you to see the overall license checkouts and usage graphs broken down by various periods.

For detailed license usage and monitoring you can install and configure the IBM License Administration and Reporting Tool, which will collect runtime stats about your license usage and allow you to create all sorts of graphs and lists of usage, users, billing groups etc.
Guozhang Pan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guozhang Pan commented Apr 28, 10:15 p.m.

Thanks Davyd for your reply. 

I can't see any license usage under Issued Leases section, it could be license is pointed to another dedicated license server. 

I will look into the License Administration And reporting tool you mentioned and check the possiblities. Thanks again!

Davyd Norris commented Apr 29, 2:36 a.m.
Two things here:
 - to see where your license server is, look in the License Key Management section under Server Information
 - you may need to use the drop down at the top of the Issued Leases section to select the license types

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.