It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I modify modules in DNG using API?

Marko Veselcic (11) | asked Apr 15, 3:47 a.m.
I have a module with many requirements and some of them have the status obsolete. For the requirements with the status obsolete all links attached to it shall be deleted.
If I perform a GET-Request I receive the response which is in my case a XML representation of the module.
Now if I try to perform a PUT-Request with the XML I modified to the URL I receive an Error Code 405 (stating that the method PUT is not supported).
I am using RRCReportableRestAPI.
I would be thankful for any help.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 15, 6:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The DNG Reportable REST API is a READ-Only API as far as I can tell. There are other APIs that you could use, gor example the module API or the OSLC API. Here the links to the documented APIs: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ELMProductAPILanding

Comments
Marko Veselcic commented Apr 22, 5:35 a.m.
When using the module API there is only the GET method supported for module resources. Only if I use the module strucure resources the PUT method becomes available, but I don't know how I can expose the attached links in the xml view.

When using the OSLC API I can perform PUT requests, but when I get the data the links are not exposed. Is it possible to expose them using oslc properties in the URL and if so how exactly

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Apr 22, 10:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Ralph says, the DOORS Next Reportable REST API is read-onl, so PUT won't work, nor POST.

DOORS Next has a specific API for modules you can find more details through https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ELMProductAPILanding

NOTE The Module API needs a specific header DoorsRP-Request-Type: Public 2.0 (yes, capitalised like that) and DO NOT provide header OSLC-Core-Version 2.0.

You'll probably use the Process and OSLC RM or OSLC Query APIs to find the module URL. These need header OSLC-Core-Version: 2.0 and NOT the DoorsRP-Request-Type header.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.