It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM APIUtility Issue

Daniel Chirillo (315) | asked May 05 '21, 1:14 p.m.
edited May 06 '21, 12:02 p.m.
I'm experiencing the following in a 6.0.6 iFix019 environment:
I'm getting a client with:
APIHttpClient client = APIHttpClientFactory.getGenericClient(new URL(url), USER, PASSWORD);

The behavior
- login() returns 200
- The first sign of trouble:  when FeedReader.getIds() is invoked, JazzHttpClient.checkForRelogin() checks the authentication header, which is equal to HTTP_HEADER_VALUE_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED, and another login is forced, which returns 200.
- Even though we seem to be authenticated, the XML returned by FeedReader.getIds() is not the XML of the feed, but the xhtml that is returned when you're not authenticated.

I experience this behavior only in my client's environment, not on my own server.  Aside from there being multiple QM servers in their deployment, the only other variable I can think of is that their deployment requires TLSv1.2, which I've forced the APIUtility to use by setting overrideProtocol to "TLSv1.2" in SSLContextUtil. 

I don't have this issue with RQMRestClient in the CopyUtility.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (315) | answered May 06 '21, 2:23 p.m.

Setting this cookie policy in the JazzHttpClient constructor seems to have resolved/worked around the symptom:

String cookiePolicy = CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY;
getParams().setCookiePolicy(cookiePolicy);

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.