It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I implement the Additional Fixes for CLM Help

Edward Chan (555) | asked Feb 04, 9:21 p.m.
The 7.0.3 iFix 001 and iFix 002 both contain these cryptic instructions:

6. ADDITIONAL FIXES INSTRUCTIONS
+-- Product Jazz Foundation
[APAR PH57792] [Help links in the web UI are broken for JAF based products] [https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/569875]
This defect requires additional steps to apply:
To enable the fix, the following would need to be present in the services.xml

<jd:infocenterRoot
      rdf:resource="%server-URL%/clmhelp" />

1. What is JAF? Is it Jazz Foundation? What is Jazz Foundation and do I have this installed?
  2. What does CLM Help do?
  3. Where do I find the "services.xml" file (or perhaps which one do I edit??):
    1. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\services.xml
    2. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\services.xml
    3. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\dcc\services.xml
    4. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\services.xml
    5. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\services.xml
    6. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\gc\services.xml
Thanks,
Edward

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.5k217) | answered Feb 05, 12:12 a.m.
Hi Edward,

What did I tell you about going to the forum before talking to me? ! ;-)

I'll send you an email

For the rest of the forum - services.xml is in the root directory of the Liberty server instance that is created when you install ELM and run it for the first time. Normally that's in <install>\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Edward Chan (555) | answered Feb 05, 4:16 p.m.

Hi I tried this already but then I realised actually the help file is talking about services.xml, not server.xml.

If you try to put that line into server.xml you will get a log entry saying that the line is invalid. I know, I've tried and failed. My question still stands - the readme.txt is ambiguous as there are 6 locations where services.xml exists, and I listed them all in the original question. Anyway here is the question again:

1. What is JAF? Is it Jazz Foundation? What is Jazz Foundation and do I have this installed?
  2. What does CLM Help do?
  3. Where do I find the "services.xml" file (or perhaps which one do I edit??):
    1. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\services.xml
    2. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\services.xml
    3. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\dcc\services.xml
    4. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\services.xml
    5. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\services.xml
    6. C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\gc\services.xml

Comments
Davyd Norris commented Feb 05, 5:14 p.m. | edited Feb 05, 5:26 p.m.
Just went through the readme for the patch and you are correct - they are talking about the application's services.xml file

There are two ways to set up the help system:
 - by pointing it to the external IBM hosted help
 - by deploying the help WAR file onto the server and enabling it in the Liberty server

The help app is generic and isn't part of any single application - it's got to be deployed as a web app first.For a default installation of ELM this should all be preconfigured, but if you're installing a third party app you may need to set this in the app's services.xml file. If the help is not working in the default install then you'll need to go through every one of those files above and check the entry matches what's in the patch notes. Don't do this if it's working

PS: JAF stands for the Jazz Application Framework, which is the core that all IBM Jazz products are based on - it's the API used to communicate with all the core services exposed by the Jazz Team Server including the online help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.