It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loading a component root as a directory during a build?

Jeffery Hanson (1472713) | asked Dec 15 '09, 6:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How do I load a component root as a directory during a build? I can do it from the command line and from the UI. The Component load rules in the build definition only allows for folders within a component.

I imported a ClearCase VOB into an RTC component and it has this structure:
VOB_Name
-> CommonFile.txt
-> Dir1
-> Dir2

Unless I load the component root (i.e. VOB_Name) as a directory I do not get the CommonFile.txt loaded. I cannot figure out how to do this as part of the build automation.

Thanks,

Jeff

12 answers

permanent link
Neerav Salaria (3132) | answered May 10 '10, 12:47 a.m.
Hey ...can u plz help me on this ...i have been usign scm load command to load a workspace component wise ...now i just want to do the same through java api ...i have been trying but not able to figure out ....can u suggest any solution for this .....

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 10 '10, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
neerav,

The Filesystem client APIs for loading a workspace are a bit involved. The SourceControlUtility class, used in JBE and the Ant tasks, has a simplified interface to do the load. You can look at what it does, but note that it's internal code, not API.

See method com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(ITeamRepository, IWorkspaceHandle, String, IProgressMonitor)
in the source for /com.ibm.team.build.toolkit/src/com/ibm/team/build/internal/scm/SourceControlUtility.java

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.