It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM CLM ver 6.0.5 - Accessibility

Subash G (93) | asked Nov 06 '23, 6:35 a.m.

IBM CLM ver 6.0.5 is not accessible in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser from past one week. Currently for me this version can be accessed only through Mozilla Firefox browser.

Does IBM has any restriction for this browsers?

Could you please let me know if there is any particular version of these browsers to be used for accessing this application.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 06 '23, 8:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

6.0.5 is out of support for a while. "Not accessible" is not a good information. What does that mean? What happens? Error messages?

In my experience browsers decide if they work with web servers based on various criteria. Chrome will e.g. require TLS1.2 support of the server. 6.0.5 does not support TLS1.2. Also various certificates have been revoked which can cause issues. 

Comments
Subash G commented Nov 06 '23, 8:38 a.m.
Ralph, Thanks for the reply.

Below is the error message I am getting it in both the browsers..

The connection for this site is not secure
smit-it-ser011 uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Is there any solution to resolve this error?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '23, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No TLS1.2 support by the 6.0.5 server.

You need to upgrade to a supported server version e.g. 7.0.2.

There is no real good solution. On an isolated laptop, this would allow to break security and make the browser work: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2023/03/20/tls1-1-and-how-to-make-the-ewm-rtc-extensions-workshop-work/ 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.