It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating data from Rational change to Rational team concert

KT PD (59210) | asked Sep 01 '23, 8:46 a.m.

Hi team,

we are using RTC 7.0.2 SR1 and have some data in Rational change tool.
We know the method to import and export data manually but is there any APIs that will help me to migrate the data automatically from RC to RTC

Thanks

Comments
Nikhil Vipradas commented Aug 14, 12:22 p.m. | edited Aug 14, 12:23 p.m.
Hi Ketaki

Could you please share the steps for export and import of data manually from Rational Change and Synergy to RTC ? Thanks in advance !

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 11 '23, 3:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

An API (Application Programming Interface) usually provides you with means to access and manipulate data in an application. This can be used to create your own automation applications. This is usually a tedious process and just having an API does not automate anything.

I do not know which process you refer to as the manual process. I am almost certain there is no API that would automate the process. 

Migration of change management data is often using the CSV format and the capabilities to export and import csv files.

permanent link
Matthias Peus (2315) | answered Aug 14, 2:13 p.m.
edited Aug 15, 3:25 a.m.
Hi Ketaki,

I am from the IBM Expert Labs Team in Germany and I have developed some command line tools which export data from Rational Change to RTC/EWM 7.0.2 and higher. I am using
  • The SOAP API of Change and
  • The Java Client API of EWM
If you are interested, please get in touch with me.

Best Regards,
Matthias

matthias.peus@de.ibm.com

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15, 2:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is also an article: https://jazz.net/library/article/450

Matthias Peus commented Aug 15, 3:30 a.m.

I suspect that this tool no longer works or is even supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.