It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

importing data from CSV is creating new user accounts with information from with the work item which are NOT names but numbers

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Jul 06 '23, 3:22 p.m.
edited Jul 06 '23, 3:27 p.m.
So the best way I can describe this is that the user accounts that are being created, are NOT coming from the created by, owned by, subscribed by or any other field where we'd input a contributor name.  The values that are being created are numbers e.g.  #78123 #71234 as the name, the User ID is the same and email address are also set to the same.

I can only see that this might be somehow data that is in a descriptor field or in the comments field.  They are definitely not names, but the system is treating them as such, and because I have jazzAdmin is creating net new users

How can I stop this - I have to move a system to a new server and have no choice but to export out of one system and import to the other.  I don't want to create thousands of bogus users.

Importing currently in to 6061 with ifix 22 - will ultimately be importing into 7.0.2

It should be noted that we exported out the user base from the old system and used it to create the users in the new system, so that the data and the fields with names match identically. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 07 '23, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No product tag, no data sample. I would suggest to open a case with support. That allows you to share data, logs and explain what you are trying to do. 

Karen Steele commented Jul 07 '23, 6:56 a.m.
502 export out and import to 6061
cannot provide data as its PB
its raw rtc work item data summary, fields, description, comments - nothing special

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 07 '23, 7:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not a lot more info, Karen. I don't know why users would be created.

You could try WCL: https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line that does not create users. Mind the version(s).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.