It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you define an execution variable based on the value of another execution variable?

M B (111) | asked Jun 21 '23, 1:19 a.m.
edited Jun 21 '23, 1:19 a.m.

I want to have an execution variable defined during the execution of a test script, with the value dependent on the value of another execution variable. Execution Variable 1 would be defined at the test suite level. At the start of the execution, the user would enter a value specific to that execution. In a later test case, I want to have Execution Variable 2 defined as the value the user entered in Execution Variable 1 appended with a constant text string. For example, if the user entered "Test" for Execution Variable 1 at the start of the execution, I would like Execution Variable 2 defined in Test Case 4 to be defined as "TestXYZ" without any user input required and where "XYZ" is a constant string appended to Execution Variable 1 to create Execution Variable 2 every time the test case is executed. Is this possible? 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.