It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How to make RTC identify the correct database version?

Rodrigo Guedes Costa (255) | asked Apr 11 '23, 10:04 a.m.
closed Apr 13 '23, 4:46 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)
Hey guys,
My RTC version is 6.0.6 and we changed the server database and version, we changed to Oracle 19C (19.18) but RTC is understanding that the version is only 19.0.0.0
How do I make RTC identify that the installed version is 19.18 (full version)?

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Apr 13 '23, 4:46 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Apr 11 '23, 12:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried connecting to your Oracle through DBeaver?
I would check what a Test Connection in DBeaver showed.
I suspect the vendor major and minor version comes through the JDBC driver.

As Ralph already commented, EWM 6.0.6 went out of service on 2022-10-31 as detailed in https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/collaborative-lifecycle-management-end-support-dates-60x.

As a last resort, you might try disabling the database version check. Look for the Skip DB version checking property in Advanced Properties. Be aware that, in doing so, if the database version truly is not supported, you might later encounter issues, and those will be entirely at your own risk.

I highly recommend that you upgrade to 7.0.2. Neither 6.0.6 nor 6.0.6.1 are being remediated for security vulnerabilities, and that includes the well-known issues around log4j.

Rodrigo Guedes Costa selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Apr 12 '23, 7:31 a.m.
 Hi David, Thanks !
Can you tell me if there is any risk to use it with the Skip DB version checking property?

David Honey commented Apr 12 '23, 8:40 a.m.

If you use an unsupported database version, this is unlikely to have been tested. If there are issues, and you may not know what those might be, you will be largely on your own. As I said, use at your own risk.That database version check is there to validate that a supported database version (one that has been tested) is being used.

Why are you not upgrading to 7.0.2?
If you want to be on a supported version with well-defined system requirements, and with security vulnerabilities being remediated, that's the way to go.

Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Apr 12 '23, 1:48 p.m.

Thank you again.

By strategic decision of the company they will not update to 7.0.2.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 11 '23, 11:03 a.m.

As far as I can tell, EWM 6.0.6 is no longer supported. I can not tell, which version of Oracle 6.0.6 supports, but given its age I would think probably not the latest and greatest version. 

The system requirements for the latest version can be found on the getting started page here.
The newest version supports 19C 19.3 and later fixpacks.. 

Comments
Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Apr 11 '23, 11:51 a.m.

IBM reports that for version 6.0.6 of the RTC it is still compatible with Oracle 19.3.

The problem is that when the application loads it identifies as 19.0.0, but the installed version is 19.18.