It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command to copy/clone a workitem

vinay kumar bondugula (7312668) | asked Feb 27 '23, 7:03 a.m.

Hi All, 

Our development team using the API commands to automate RTC/EWM workitem creation and other operations. We are using Work Item Command Line Version 6.0.1 and could not find a command to clone/copy a workitem in a project area. Currently we are working on RTC 6.0.6.1 and planning to upgrade to EWM 7.0.2 in April. Please let me know the respective command and if needed any additional information.

Thanks,
Vinay

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 27 '23, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 01 '23, 6:08 a.m.

As far as I remember, I have not implemented such a command. The tool is reasonably well documented and there is not such a command.

If you want such a command, WCL is simple to extend with new commands. Perform a pull request, implement the command and let me know when you are done. I would see if I have the time to accept the pull request.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 27 '23, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another idea might be to export a work item into a CSV file, modify the CSV file is needed and then import the CSV file into the other project area. This could be an alternative approach. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.