It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access REST API of ALM to upload documents in attachments field ???

Akash Kaanholkar (153) | asked Jan 23 '23, 5:04 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '23, 8:11 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)
Hello All,

I am having requirement to upload the estimation report generated outside the ALM  directly to the Attachments .

I got to know that this can be done using ALM Rest API.

But as I am new to this can anyone give the details for the same  like how to access the ALM REST API.

Do I need to develop an API or it is given by the ALM itself ???

If It is given then can you please provide the details like how to access this API??

What are the other neccessary things that I need to study  so that I can get help from them ??

Please anyone who knows about this let me know about same ...

Thank you in addvance.

Comments
David Honey commented Jan 23 '23, 5:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which ELM application is this for? EWM?

Akash Kaanholkar commented Jan 23 '23, 5:24 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '23, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a blog post that I wrote about uploading attachments: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/uploading-attachments-to-work-items/

It is possible to use the Java API of EWM. The code and links to how to set up your environment is in the blog.
It is possible to use the Web APIs to upload attachments, however, I do not have an example. I linked to some forum questions that discuss using the Web APIs. Note that some of the descriptions might use internal unsupported API's.

Akash Kaanholkar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.