It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG linking artifacts using Web option (external link) - Link To as linking type

Sneha Bhaskar (11) | asked Oct 20 '22, 6:53 a.m.

Hello, 

A user is a member of a DNG Team area level and provided access to create/modify links.
When the user is trying to create a "Link To" link using The Web option (external link), we observed that the Save button is disabled. 

But when we add a user at the Project level, the user is allowed to create a link using the Web option. 

Is it mandatory to have access at the Project level to link external URLs in DNG?

Can someone clarify here. OR provide your insights on linking external URLs in DNG?

Thanks in advance,
Sneha 

2 answers

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Oct 20 '22, 10:11 a.m.

I've found users can't even edit attributes they have access to unless they are also a Project Member. We add them as a Project Member and also to the Team Area for this reason. v6.0.6.1 iFix027

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 21 '22, 3:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 21 '22, 3:23 a.m.

The focus on project and the lack of mentioning roles is concerning. I think it would be beneficial to understand how roles and permissions work in Jazz. This is the best article about this I am aware of:

The main take away is: If users are assigned to a context (project area/team area), they always inherit the Everyone role, which might provide them with some permissions. If other roles are added, the permissions aggregate. The owning process area of an object and the role a user has in this context limits what permissions the user has.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.