It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM accept -b doesn't work as expected

Claus Schroeder-hansen (111) | asked Dec 08 '09, 9:00 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to load a build workspace with a specific baseline using the SCM CLI command SCM accept.

I cannot get the command to work, it looks like some information is missing.

I have used SCM login to store the credentials initially and submits the following command:

scm accept -d <existing_local_workspace_directory> -b <baseline_name>

The output is:

Unresolved baseline selectors:
<baseline_name>
Problem running 'accept'
Unable to resolve all baseline selectors for "<repository_workspace>".

Any ideas, suggestions or additional information?

Thanks in advance

Claus

2 answers

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Dec 08 '09, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scm accept -b <baseline> has the expectation that the baseline is incoming to the collaboration. This cannot be used if the user is not collaborating with a stream or workspace that contains this baseline.

In 2.0.0.2 the easiest way to get this working is to run "scm workspace replace-components".

Help on workspace replace-components
Replace components from a workspace. Components not found in the target workspace are ignored.

Aliases: replace-component, replace-comp, rplc

Usage: scm workspace replace-components <workspace> <replace> <replace>
workspace - Target workspace or stream (name, alias, or UUID)
replace-type - Type of the item to replace. One of: "workspace", "stream", or "snapshot"
replace - Item to replace (must be of type specified in replace-type), may be alias, UUID, or name
components - Components to replace from the workspace, stream or snapshot

Options:
--all - Indicates all components in the target workspace will be replaced.
-b arg - Indicates the given baseline name is used to replace components.
-o - Run the accept even though there are uncommitted local changes. May cause an overwrite.
-P arg - Password for repository.
-r arg - URI specifying the location of repository.
-u arg - Username for repository.

In 2.0.0.1 or earlier, the process is a little less straightforward, you would need to potentially drop the component, then re-add it, then collaborate with a workspace containing this baseline.

Hope this helps,

JohnC
SCM Server

permanent link
Claus Schroeder-hansen (111) | answered Dec 09 '09, 5:14 a.m.
Hi John,

Thank you for the reply :).

As I understand it - part of the problem was my lack of knowledge of the way the build repository workspace is maintained by the build engine, i.e. only to accept change sets and not baselines and snapshots from the stream.

The purpose of this being to keep the history of the buildworkspace as a list of snapshots created in connection with builds only (to provide a clutter free list of build snapshots to the user).

I tried to do a remove/add component on the repository workspace from the eclipse client and the baseline became available on the component in the build repository workspace after the update.

Thank you for your help :).

Claus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.