It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How send custom data creating link for custom OSLC Adapter with delegated UI?

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Sep 08 '22, 2:09 p.m.
edited Sep 08 '22, 2:10 p.m.
Hello!
I have no idea anymore how to solve one problem that I have got when developing a custom OSLC Adapter based on Eclipse Lyo. The problem is next. I have Jazz RM v7.0.2 application. My goal is developing custom OSLC Adapter that will be able to interact with external testing solution, create and support links between RM artifacts and external data, etc.
As known, when trying to create a link with OSLC Testing adapter to external testing solution, RM looks for delegated selection UI as needed. In that UI, user can search for remote testing data, select some of them and confirm the choices with OK button.

Selecting test data in custom delegated UI

In acordance to generated Eclipse Lyo implementation, it will result in running select function in JS file. Next it will look for selections in the list of the delegated selection UI, and send to parent RM solution which will make required OSLC request to custom OSLC Adapter. There we can intercept that request, and process it somehow.
But I can not find a way how information about source RM artifact can be sent  from RM to OSLC Adapter. I need it because it must create the links betwenn the data and save that info. I have applied all my ideas already and no one works.
For example, I can not process parent document of RM application because the delegated UI performs in iframe. How Eclipse Lyo allows to solve similar problems?
I'm sure that Eclipse Lyo is a powerful library that must include support for similar needs related to transferring any custom data to an OSLC Adapter from Consumer's Web UI.
Thank you for any ideas!

One answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Sep 08 '22, 2:39 p.m.

Your question is perhaps too broad to give a specific answer. I would recommend taking a look at Developer Guide - OSLC, there is lots of information there and sample applications that can help guide your development. You could also consider using Eclipse/Lyo Designer to model your adapter's capabilities and generate much of the code needed for an initial implementation. 

For delegated dialogs, and for DOORS Next in particular, there is a pattern of interaction with a QM provider that you will need to follow. Consider a user of DOORS Next wishing to create a link to a test case in some QM provider (e.g., an OSLC QM adaptor on some test management application):
  1. DOORS Next will need an established consumer/friend relationship with the Adapter/QM server in order to authenticate requests
  2. DOORS Next will need project area associations configured in the RM project area in order to be able to do discovery on the Adapter/QM server - to find the selection and creation dialog URLs for example
  3. DOORS Next will discover the QM server's selection dialog, will request that dialog and display it in an iFrame
  4. The user will interact with the contents of the iFrame to select the target resource and desired link type
  5. The selection dialog will respond back to the DOORS Next window providing a list of the selected resource URLs
  6. DOORS Next will do a GET on each of these QM resources, add the targetTestCase validatesRequirement requirement assertions, and then do a PUT on the QM resources. That is, DOORS Next expects the QM server to store the links between requirements and test cases.
  7. DOORS Next may do an OSLC query to display the incoming requirement validatedBy targetTestCase links, but it will not store these link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.