It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I get a list of Releases through the EWM/RTC API?

Mitch Slater (155) | asked Aug 23 '22, 6:20 p.m.

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a list of all the 'Release' entries for a specific project area in order to populate a dropdown list. Similar questions have suggested pointing my GET request to the following URL:

<server:port>/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService/releases

However, I get a 400 Bad Request response when trying it out. I've attempted it with the 'Accept' header set to both text/json and application/xml, as well as added parameters to specify the project area. Nothing I've tried has gotten me any further than the 400 code. Any ideas on why the above URL isn't working? Any alternative ways to get the list of Releases? 
Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 24 '22, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 24 '22, 4:24 a.m.

As the URI tells you, you are trying an internal API that is not supported. The 'internal' in the URI tells you that. If you want to use OSLC, you would have to get the allowed values for the attribute "Planned For" aka "target". I tried to explain how that works here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2022/02/02/ewm-work-item-oslc-cm-api/

In the Java API/Plain Java Client Libraries world this information is available as explained here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/handling-iterations-automation-for-the-planned-for-attribute/ 

e.g. 

private IDeliverable findDeliverable(String value) throws TeamRepositoryException {
return getWorkItemCommon().findDeliverableByName(getWorkItem().getProjectArea(), value,
IDeliverable.FULL_PROFILE, monitor);
}

WorkItemCommon has several methods to get the deliverables.

Mitch Slater selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.