It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement Deleted but link is still there

Halil Bahadır (1113924) | asked Dec 05 '09, 4:56 p.m.
Hi,

I'm not sure is it a bug or not. (my opinion its a bug)

I have created a use case diagram and added a use case on it. Then Linked that usecase with a requirement.

Then I decided to delete that requirement. when I deleted the requirement but the link added to the use case still exists. Click on that link and gives the warning "the artifact is not exist.."

Is there a reason not to delete the link or is it a bug?

Note: Same scenario for the link between requirement and any other artifact.

Halil.

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 05 '09, 10:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are aware of issues like this one. Here are just a couple of existing work items:

https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/12467
https://jazz.net/jazz03/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/20370

This is actually a tricky problem for a couple of reasons:
1) when deleting an artifact, you have to search through the entire repository looking for references to that artifact
2) because the link is actually stored within the resource, it may require a special userid/permission to update that resource. That is, you may have permission to delete the artifact, however you may not have permission to save all the resources which are linking to that resource in order to remove those links.

Certainly not insurmountable problems, but requires some thought. In fact, we may want to introduce some "process" so you are at least aware when you are trying to delete an artifact that someone else is referencing it before you/we simply remove the reference from their documents.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.