It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETMCopyutility - How to move artifacts from a GC project to another GC project area

Swathi sheshadri (13111) | asked Feb 23 '22, 12:28 a.m.
Hi ,

I am using ETMCopyUtility 7.0.2 version. I am using the below command to move test plan from GC Project A , Stream A from one server to GC Project B stream B in different server.

java.exe -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol="TLSv1.2" -jar RQMCopyUtility.jar -s=server1/ProjectAUrl -us=User -pws=** -sc=StreamA -d=server2/ProjectB -dc=StreamB -a=testplan -l=importlogNewNEMA.txt .

While running the bat file i get below exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
        at com.ibm.rqm.ct.CopyUtil.main(CopyUtil.java:45)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
        ... 1 more

Is it not possible to copy from one server to another server if both the project are GC enabled? Please let me know if the command arguments are right.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 23 '22, 1:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 23 '22, 3:31 a.m.

Use Java 1.8.

I have seen exceptions like

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException

in several occasions where the user was unaware of the Java version and was using an incompatible Java Version.

Use java -version to see which version you run. I have found that Java 1.8 works best with these tools at the moment. 

Comments
Swathi sheshadri commented Mar 10 '22, 4:34 a.m.

Thank you. I was using Java 11. changing to java 8 worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.