It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reportable URI to fetch Project area names and work items in RTC

KT PD (5910) | asked Feb 18 '22, 1:39 a.m.
edited Feb 18 '22, 2:24 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

Hi Team,

I am working on fetching all created work items in RTC 6.0.6.1. I have written one java application which is using work item query logic to fetch. but using work item query its fetching only 1000 records by default. So, I am finding some other way for the same.

I want to use reportable URI using postman client to do the same.. Can you please help me , how to get all project areas in RTC using postman?
What URI will work to get work items?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Feb 18 '22, 4:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Reportable REST will return a paged result. Clients should detect there is a next page, and if so, perform a GET on the next page URI. It's up to you to handle that in your Java application. Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI for details.

Michael Rowe selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 18 '22, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 18 '22, 2:20 a.m.

How to overcome the query result limit when using the Plain Java Client Libraries is explained here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/ 

I do not understand what the issue is with properly tagging the questions. Is it a lack of understanding? Is it just sluggish or ignorance? This question should be tagged with a product name - which neither elm nor clm is - and a tag like API.

I don't want to waste my time retagging questions because the users asking are lazy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.