It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I change the workitem's creator on RTC Client 6.0.2

toni ionescu (112) | asked Nov 03 '21, 5:51 a.m.
I want to change the workitem's creator on RTC 6.0.2.
I use the RTC plugin in eclipse.
how can I do the creator change?
Is there any workaround? i.e. assign the work item or move to another area, or anything else to change the creator?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 03 '21, 6:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know you can not change the creator of a work item. Not in the UIs and not with the normal API. There might be an API layer that allows this, but I have not found it so far.

Comments
toni ionescu commented Nov 03 '21, 8:56 a.m.

So who should one ask? Or, remain with workitem on oneself and carry on?!

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 03 '21, 9:27 a.m.

You have your question here. That is best can do. Maybe someone comes across this that has a different answer. I have spent several hours but was unable to find anything. 

Kenny Smith commented Nov 04 '21, 9:22 a.m.

You cannot change the creator of a work item - not through any API or UI. This is intentional for audit trails. 

However, if you tinker with the database (DON'T TINKER WITH THE DATABASE), and find the right table and right column, you could theoretically change it there. 

But DON'T TINKER WITH THE DATABASE!!

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 04 '21, 9:59 a.m.

I had the impression that some of the synchronizer products at least were able to create a new work item for other users than them and also were able to create comment and such things for users other than the automation user.any Idea, Kenny? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.