It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETM/RQM: Save Resource operation behavior

Param S (2710) | asked Oct 16 '21, 10:57 p.m.

We are trying to explore if attributes of a lab resource are selected or not during Save. Although we tried a precondition and follow-up, the operation data received each time belonged to an internal API without any accessor methods.

Please help us as it will allow us to enforce process constraints on Lab resource entries.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 18 '21, 9:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you try to configure operational behavior in ETM for a project area, can you see any supported operation involving lab resources? I don't and I assume that is because the save lab resource operation has no operation provided for an advisor. 

As far as I am aware there is no SDK provided for ETM, so you are officially not able to extend it. Since there is no SDK the required APIs would likely be internal.

At the moment, I believe you can not do what you want.

Param S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Param S commented Oct 18 '21, 9:59 a.m. | edited Oct 18 '21, 9:59 a.m.

If we connect to RQM via RTC Eclipse Client, Save Lab resource (server) is visible in operational behavior, which we were trying to harness. Since its available for configuration, the information on its operation parameters would help us...
Save Lab resource

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '21, 10:09 a.m. | edited Oct 18 '21, 10:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did not do that in ages. Interesting.

You can select "Precondition and Follow Up actions are....." for the operation. Then open the process configuration source at the end. You can see all operation ID's in the XML. The one you as about is "com.ibm.rqm.resource.save".

There is no operation behavior provided. You still do not have an SDK for ETM. You could try to use the RTC SDK and then deploy to ETM but I would consider that very risky.

Param S commented Oct 21 '21, 2:34 p.m.

It's okay. I have decided to use RTC to configure operational behavior and use RQM api to save machines from RTC to RQM. At least I can fulfill the main requirement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.