It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCi

Arnold Cruz (16413831) | asked Nov 30 '09, 5:16 p.m.
Hi,

Are there any documentation on adding artifacts for the first time to RTCi? I am familiar with RTC but not with the i series platform.

thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Dec 01 '09, 5:31 a.m.
Hi Arnold,

You need to use Rational Developer for i (RDi) in combination with RTCi. With RDi you create so called iProjects, which are a local representation of your iSeries librarie(s). These iProjects are then checked in by selecting Team -> Share projects, the same way you would share "normal" projects.

See this presentation, especially from slide 41 on:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/emea/de/rsc/tag2/THURSD_EM_1_3_Blankertz_IBM.pdf

permanent link
Arnold Cruz (16413831) | answered Dec 01 '09, 9:02 a.m.
MANY THANKS!!!!!!

You are most helpful!

Hi Arnold,

You need to use Rational Developer for i (RDi) in combination with RTCi. With RDi you create so called iProjects, which are a local representation of your iSeries librarie(s). These iProjects are then checked in by selecting Team -> Share projects, the same way you would share "normal" projects.

See this presentation, especially from slide 41 on:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/emea/de/rsc/tag2/THURSD_EM_1_3_Blankertz_IBM.pdf

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Dec 02 '09, 7:42 a.m.
Always glad to be able to help...as I often need help from other people around here as well ;)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.