It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Fetch the modules of all the component of a project area DNG

Minakshi Verma (153) | asked Sep 09 '21, 2:34 p.m.

Hi All,

Actually i am able to fetch the module of a single component but when coming to fetch all the modules of all the components, then i am facing issue. Please let me know the solution for this.
Thanks in advance :)

I'll be looking forward for help. 
Minakshi Verma

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Sep 20 '21, 12:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 20 '21, 12:11 p.m.
Hi Minakshi

Using OSLC Query:

For modules in a single component you would use the local configuration and an OSLC query like oslc.where=rdm_types:ArtifactFormat=jazz_rm:Module or whatever way you want to locate the modules you're interested in.

Assuming there are multiple components in a project which contribute to a GC configuration, you can use that GC configuration URL as the configuration and the same OSLC query as for a single component will return all modules in components in the project you're querying where those components contribute to the GC configuration. BUT this won't/can't give you modules in components that don't contribute to the GC. And this won't/can't give you modules in other projects.

For components which don't contribute to a common GC you'll have to find each component and query it as for a single component.

If you want all modules across more than one project you'll have to query each project/component.

The DNG Reportable REST API gives you another way to retrieve information from DNG.

A query like:
* https://SERVER:PORT/rm/publish/modules/*?projectURI=_NDNJ0NcLEeqXpuBdEolY7w&oslc_config.context=https://SERVER:PORT/rm/cm/stream/_XYZ where you replace the projectURI value with your project's UUID and the configuration URI with your configuration
will return XML about all modules in that configuration - you'll have to post-process to filter out modules you aren't interested in. 

Once nice thing about reportable REST is you can paste the URL into a logged-in browser and see the results :-)

HTH
Ian

Minakshi Verma selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Sep 21 '21, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi - please create new questions in the forum with details obfuscated.

Minakshi Verma commented Sep 21 '21, 5:43 a.m.

Sure 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.