It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting RTC SDK showing nothing at Package Explorer after Connecting to the project area

Marcelo Bilezker (46110) | asked May 14 '21, 7:03 p.m.

I am following steps from document "IBM Rational Team Concert 7.x Extensibility" at:

After loading (opening) "RTC Extension Server Workshop", no Eclipse Project are shown at the Package Explorer View

What I did:
At "Load the workshop server development repository workspace" (page 34, item _27) and selecting 
RTC Extension Server Workspace, the document specifies to click on context menu the option "Load".
But this option does not appear. 
This is what is written in document:
And this is what is shown in my Eclipse

I assume that instead of Load I can use Open

But The problem is that Package Explorer is not showing anything, when in the document it says that must exists "four new Eclipse projects" 

My question is how to load this Eclipse projects include in the exercise? 

I am using:

Comments
Marcelo Bilezker commented May 15 '21, 5:06 p.m.

The problem was that in the document, it says to expand "My Repository Workspaces", when it must say to expand the "My Source Control->My WorkSpaces"
I assume it came form an older version of eclipse.}
Thanks anyway

Ralph Schoon commented May 16 '21, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As mentioned in the overview, the screenshots where created with RTC 6.0.x.
I can't redo all the screen shots.

Some changes like that came in over time in later 6 and 7 versions.

I thought I had put some text in, hinting at that change. I will check, if I did.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 15 '21, 6:16 a.m.
Your assumption is incorrect. Opening a repository workspace does not load its content to disc. Please read https://jazz.net/library/article/126#I_understand_checkout_commit_and

None of the images came through. Open the Work Item Perspective, make sure your user has the correct license assigned, to load the repository workspace content to disc.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 15 '21, 6:22 a.m.

If you open a repository workspace, you can use the triangle button in the top left of the editor to load the workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.