It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Authentication issue post RTC-5.x to RTC6.x upgrade

aastha khatri (22619) | asked May 11 '21, 10:49 a.m.

In RTC-5.x when a user raises a request for our application access the user's mail is fetched from LDAP, converted into lower case, and then added to the RTC database with lowercase userId post assigning roles and licenses. All the users in our application are having lowercase userIds.
Case insensitive -- false

Post Upgrade to RTC-6.x

1. User Authentication Issue
Login doesn't work for the users with userIds not matching with their mail as per LDAP entry.
case insensitive --false
I dont know how the authentication mechanism changes from tomcat to liberty ideally post upgrade the authentication should have worked for all users.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 11 '21, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Iam not aware of a mechanism that makes LDAP user ID lowercase. My assumption was always it needs to be the same case or the case insensitive needs to be on.

You could have a lowercase id in LDAP for a working mapping. It is possible to change the ID's in Jazz - or you could do that in LDAP. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/

I would open a case with support.

aastha khatri commented May 11 '21, 12:26 p.m.

Please see my response below.

One answer

permanent link
aastha khatri (22619) | answered May 11 '21, 12:26 p.m.
Hi Ralf,
So below is the background.
In RTC-5 with tomcat our application enforced lower case useridĀ  in RTC database by saving the contributors records using the RTC plain client libraries as you mentioned above. So for example say
LDAP entry -- TEST@ibm.com

The above id was converted to test@ibm.com and then saved as contributor in RTC with developer license. So now the user use to login with test@ibm.com. As part part of LDAP nightly sync RTC user to create one more user with id TEST@ibm.com
So RTC repository has two user ids
test@ibm.com -- active with licenses -- user uses this id
TEST@ibm.com -- active but no license -- We use to archive this as it was of no use
But post upgrade to RTC-6 when user is trying to login with test@ibm.com ,he is getting mapped to the TEST@ibm.com (same case as ldap) instead of test@ibm.com(which worked with rtc-5). He is shown the error
Your id TEST@ibm.com is archived.
Instead he should be allowed to login as it was working with RTC-5.
We tried to change the case insensitive to true but its throwing errorĀ  I guess because we have duplicated user ids existing.
We tried updating the user with smaller case test@ibm.com to capital TEST@ibm.com post upgrade but that breaks some functionalities like personal dashboard , mini dashboard.
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.