It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create an attribute in an work item using serverside plugins or using OSLC.

Pavan M (394) | asked Apr 20 '21, 2:29 a.m.

Hii,

I had a work item now I need to add an attribute to that workitem which not already present i.e through programetically I need to create an attribute id and I need to add it to the work item, is this requirement is possible or not with server side plugin or by using OSLC, if possible kindly let me know.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pavanm.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 20 '21, 2:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no documented API available for that (that I would be aware of) and I do not see any reason why there should be one. I have been looking into this for entertainment reasons and gave up on it. I think the RTC CQ connector has some code built in to do it, but I am not sure and it is probably not public API anyway.

So, please edit the process configuration and add the attribute as everyone else does. OSLC does not provide any mechanisms to customize the process either.

Pavan M selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pavan M commented Apr 20 '21, 2:55 a.m.

Tnq Ralph this is a req we got, client required conformation so we posted  here. Tnq for your Support. 

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 20 '21, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IWorkItem.addCustomAttribute(IAttribute)  can add an existing attribute, if that is the intent. Use com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IWorkItem.hasAttribute(IAttribute) to test if the attribute is already there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.