It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone received a "java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header" error when trying to deploy an RTC extension?

Ryan McBryde (5911233) | asked Jan 30 '21, 4:37 p.m.

RTC version 6.0.6.1

Windows version: 10 Enterprise
8 GB RAM

I am trying to deploy a participant built from the Extension Workshop foundation and after populating the provisioning folders;  provision_profiles & sites, selecting Server Reset, and restarting the server, I am seeing these errors in the install.log file:

CRJAZ0303I The profile install from "file:ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site" was started at "Sat Jan 30 16:03:55 EST 2021".

CRJAZ0300I This feature is being installed: "net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature_1.0.0.202101191712".
CRJAZ0299I Installing bundle from the URL "file:/c%3a/RTC603~1/installs/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site/plugins/net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.common_1.0.0.202101191712.jar".
CRJAZ0299I Installing bundle from the URL "file:/c%3a/RTC603~1/installs/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site/plugins/net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service_1.0.0.202101191712.jar".
CRJAZ0287I Failed to install the bundle "file:/c%3a/RTC603~1/installs/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site/plugins/net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service_1.0.0.202101191712.jar".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error occurred installing a bundle.
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: C:\RTC603DEV\installs\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm\workarea\org.eclipse.osgi\91\data\temp\default_node\SMF_WebContainer\ccm\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\1312\0\bundleFile
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:241)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:171)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:185)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:288)
... 15 more
CRJAZ0309I Uninstalling the bundle "net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.common".
CRJAZ0288E The "net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature" profile feature could not be installed from the "file:ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site" update site that is referenced in the "c:\RTC603~1\installs\JAZZTE~1\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles\buildOnState.ini" profile file.
com.ibm.team.repository.provision.ProvisionException: CRJAZ0287I Failed to install the bundle "file:/c%3a/RTC603~1/installs/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site/plugins/net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.service_1.0.0.202101191712.jar".
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error occurred installing a bundle.
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: C:\RTC603DEV\installs\JazzTeamServer\server\liberty\servers\clm\workarea\org.eclipse.osgi\91\data\temp\default_node\SMF_WebContainer\ccm\ccm\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\1312\0\bundleFile
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)
An error occurred while installing the feature "net.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.server.feature" from update site "file:ccm/sites/buildOnState-update-site".  The installation of that feature will be attempted again if other profiles are installed successfully.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 02 '21, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 02 '21, 2:38 a.m.

I have never seen that message, I believe. However I have seen issues with zip when working across different architectures. I had to unzip and rezip JAR files on the target architecture to have them behave. 

Comments
Ryan McBryde commented Feb 02 '21, 10:46 a.m.

Thank you Ralph. 

I was seeing it, occasionally, when developing on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard machine and deploying to a Linux box.  The research I did implied that it was unique to Linux/Mac/Unix servers.  I was not seeing it when I deployed to another Windows machine until just recently when I tried it on a laptop with Windows 10 and it seems to be intermittent.  I am not familiar with how to unzip and rezip JAR files. Is it something I can do with 7zip?  Any thoughts on the error pointing to the "bundlefile"?  Thank you again 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 03 '21, 4:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The failing zip file. unzip it using 7zip and, on the target platform of the server, zip it again using 7zip

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.