It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No table entries found while generating "Table of Tables" in RPE DNG

Anusha Banad (196) | asked Nov 24 '20, 7:43 a.m.

When tried to generate tables list from DNG getting "no table entries found" in the document.

Table of Tables element is added in RPE and even the table captions are provided in DNG, is there any other property that I need to be aware of to print Table of Tables?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 24 '20, 12:43 p.m.

Inserting Table of Tables element in RPE studio (with default values, field code being  \h \z \c "Table") should work for the Table Captions added in DNG (Table Properties -> Advanced).
Can you get the XML data from DNG (for any text artifact that contains Table) and check the value of dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div attribute? It should include the table caption as following:
<caption>My Table A</caption>

To make the test simple, create a new RPE template and insert a Table of Tables element and an Text element. Set the content of Text element as following Script Expression with "XHTML Output" checkbox selected.

'<div><table><caption>My Table A</caption><tbody><tr><td>sds</td><td>dfsd</td></tr></tbody></table></div>'

Save the template and generate document. You should see ToT as expected.

Comments
Anusha Banad commented Nov 25 '20, 7:11 a.m.

Can you please tell, where exactly to get XML data for "dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div" attribute?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 25 '20, 7:14 a.m.
you can use browser or RESTClient and access https://<server:port>/rm/publish/text?resourceURI=<UUID>;
In the XML data returned, you can look for the XPath dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.