It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you block or turn off only the Description attribute using the Work Item Aggregate Changes Notification email template?

Mark Meiller (113) | asked Oct 04 '20, 10:06 a.m.
edited Oct 07 '20, 6:29 a.m.

Hello,

Using the out of the box change notification email template "Work Item Aggregate Changes Notification", I need to block or turn off only the 'Description' attribute as I have Sensitive Security Information being used in that field in my work items.  I have attempted to use a set directive to re-define the 'Description' attribute's text for the purposes of running the email template, and to not impact any of the other email's change notifications ("${change.description}") that would come through, as I still want users to get notified of all other changes.  However my code does not work.  See the VTL code in bold:

Web UI: ${workItem.URL}

Id:            ${workItem.identifier}
Type:          ${workItem.type}
Summary:       ${workItem.title}
#if(${workItem.teamArea})
Team Area:     ${workItem.teamArea} / ${workItem.projectArea}
#else
Project Area:  ${workItem.projectArea}
#end
Filed Against: ${workItem.categoryName}

#set(${ssi} == "THIS ATTRIBUTE CONTAINS SSI. PLEASE LOGIN TO RTC TO READ THE DESCRIPTION.")
#set(${workItem.description.raw} == ${ssi})

#foreach ( $change in ${changes} )
   ${change.contributor.name}#if(${change.contributor.emailAddress}) <${change.contributor.emailAddress}>#end changed on ${change.date.fullDate} at ${change.date.fullTime}:

${change.description}

#end

You are receiving this mail because you are ${recipientRelation.description} ${recipientRelation.abbreviation} of this work item.

My Question:
Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, or an easier way to block or simply turn off the 'Description' attribute in this email template?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.