It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronizing test execution console progress uploading test records offline with RQM Excel Importer tool

Juan Sanchez (112) | asked Jul 01 '20, 5:49 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '20, 6:37 a.m.
Hi,

I m running a test plan in RQM, and the execution of the different test cases is being carried out in offline mode (run offline). 

That is, I complete the test cases using excel files generated by RQM Excel Plugin. These are filled in and completed with their results, and then the import is done automatically into RQM using the RQM Excel Importer application.

All seems ok, and the result of test cases in excel (test records offine xls), are dumped to RQM properly. The problem I am having is that despite having run all the test cases, we cannot find a way for this complete realization to be registered in the progress of the test suite that collects all these test cases.

The basic .cfg file is generating automatically the RQM Excel tool is next, so I think it would be necessary add few line to this file, to synchronize the progress of execution and results:

executionresult.XLSStartRow=7
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n
executionresult.XLSArtifactID=B4
executionresult.jzalm:state=D5
executionresult.er:starttime=D3
executionresult.er:endtime=D3
executionresult.er:stepResults.XLSStartRow=8
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:result=D
executionresult.er:stepResults.vg:id=O
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:actualResult=E
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:comment=F
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:stepType=G
executionresult.testcase=Link(O2)
executionresult.testscript=Link(O3)
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link(O4)
executionresult.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"

How could I do so that from the execution of test cases in offline mode, I get updated progress and results in the test suite execution record console associated to these test cases records?

Thank you and regards.

2 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Jul 06 '20, 1:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Juan,

Which version of ETM Word/Excel Importer you are using? Version 70 and later it supports offline execution for Test Suite and Test Suite Execution Record and that should allow you to update the progress as you expect.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Juan Sanchez (112) | answered Jul 06 '20, 5:46 a.m.
Hi Mehul,

Im using RQM Word/Excel Importer 6.0.6.1.

Regards.

Comments
Mehul Patel commented Jul 06 '20, 5:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Juan,

You can try with v70 or later for reference implementation, create rqms package, import to addin and use generated configuration file as reference to re-create it as per your data.

In your shared sample configuration file, you need to specify syntax related to TSER, something like this - 

testsuitelog.XLSStartRow=12
  testsuitelog.XLSWorksheetID="TSER_SHEET"
  testsuitelog.XLSDelimeter=\n
  testsuitelog.XLSArtifactID=A4
  testsuitelog.jzalm:state=E5
  testsuitelog.er:starttime=E2
  testsuitelog.er:endtime=E3
  testsuitelog.testsuite=Link(C8)
  testsuitelog.suiteexecutionrecord=Link(C9)

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.