It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defect found on one TCER of stream 1 can be seen on other streams

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Jun 17 '20, 3:09 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '20, 3:25 a.m.

Hello all,

I have Jazz Quality Management (QM) with Global Configuration (GC) enabled. I have many streams, call stream_1, stream_2, stream_3 to corresponding 3 different products: product 1, product 2, product 3. These products have some common parts of software

We are running test execution record (TCER) for example TCER_X on product 2 with result Failed and Defect_A. Here at stream 2 of product 2, we see defect on TCER_X

When I switch to stream 1 (of product 1), TCER_X still has Failed result but TCER view does not show defect id. Is this design intent?

Look this is not convenient in case I would like to search result TCER_X on product 1 (stream_1). Here it does not show defect id information

P/S: I use QM 6.0.6 iFix011

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Jun 23 '20, 3:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 23 '20, 3:34 a.m.

Hi Thao,

If I understand your case correctly, Stream_1, Stream_2 and Stream_3 has some common data which means these streams would have been created from some Initial Stream including these TCERs . Once you create/run the TCERs under stream_2 and fail it with some defect linked ( you might be doing all these operations on some GC component. For now, I will call it GC_Product_2). Now this component's data is totally different from what we could see under "stream_1" which might again part of some other GC component named  GC_Product_1 ).

So basically if you run TCERs in one stream and attach a defect, that defect will not be reflected under another stream for the same TCER if the TCER is already part of that stream.

This is how exactly it should work, because though the TCER test might be same for product 1 and product 2, but issue found( defect) on these products could be different. 
Hence you will not find the defect linked under Stream_2 in Stream_1. 

Also, if the issue is same for both the products, then in that particular stream, tester needs to run the TCER and link the defect mentioning issue is applicable for 2 different products. But this data should be captured as part of product streams.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Also, you could look at the Project property settings :

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Jun 26 '20, 12:53 a.m.

Thanks Krupa for your explanation. So if TCERs are planned on stream-2, are supposed to be run on stream-2, tester-1 already ran some TCERs with Failed and linked defects.

If tester-2, chooses stream-1 (not corect stream) and run his assignment with Failed and linked defects. Tester-2 can not see linked defect of tester-1 and vice versa?

Is there anyway that both of them can see result and link defects they did, even they ran on different stream?

Thao Nguyen commented Jun 28 '20, 11:21 p.m. | edited Jun 28 '20, 11:21 p.m.

Normally, test lead often uses TCER view to see one test case (called TC-1) was run on many products (belong to different streams) and figure out if:

- Defect found on product 2 (belong to stream-2) is a new defect or happened in product-1 (belong to stream-1) before
- Provide possible updates to test case TC-1 for different defects found on different products (belong to different streams)

If it is not possible to view defect of stream-1 of test case TC-1 when we are at stream-2, look we cannot perform above purposes. Could you advise if we have alternative ways to achieve these points?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.